Job Description Finance & Communications Manager
Objective: To oversee organization’s communications management and lead finance and reporting practices.
The Community Development Corporations Association (CDCA) is a nonprofit community development corporation focused on improving the support for community development organizations in Greater Cincinnati. Our mission is to advance comprehensive community development in the community. Our vision is a diverse, vibrant, thriving Cincinnati. Our role is to facilitate supportive services for economic development and community engagement efforts while promoting a comprehensive approach to addressing needs such as health and wellness, arts and culture, beautification, and education and youth strategies in partnership with other organizations, businesses, and neighborhood groups.
- Coordinate and enhance the finance, accounting, and processes at CDCA.
- Process checks in Quickbooks and ensure accurate and timely manual and computer records.
- Review receipts and ensure accurate manual and computer records. Includes taking regularly scheduled deposits to bank.
- File checks, bills, and deposits after they have been recorded by accountant.
- Organize annual files and assist accountant with annual audit preparations.
- Maintain up-to-date files on all contracts and grant agreements.
- Process reports and invoices for contracts and grant agreements.
- Ensure that information and postings are up-to-date and that required postings are made.
- Oversee the phone, computer, and copier systems and be the point of contact when repairs or upgrades are needed.
- Work with Executive Director and Board to expand fund development efforts.
- Prepare sponsorship and solicitation mailings.
- Greet visitors to the office and serve as point-of-contact at the front door.
- Prepare annual report, flyers, and other communication pieces.
- Coordinate the CDCA’s email communication platform through iContact or similar software.
- Update website with events and meetings.
- At least 2 years experience in one of the following areas: business, office management, finance, communications, or administration.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency using Quickbooks, Google Drive, Excel, and Word programs. Experience using a communication program such as In Design or Illustrator is highly desired.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- High level of motivation, initiative, and perseverance.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- A strong sense of and respect for confidentiality involving neighborhood partners and fellow employees.
- Friendly and with the ability to relate and communicate well with a diverse group of people, including neighborhood residents, Board members, staff, and volunteers.
- An interest in learning more about neighborhood development and community organizing work.
- Must be able to sit for moderate periods of time, with occasional activity changes, usually at a computer or desk.
- Must be able to lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or walk for moderate periods of time.
- Must be able to drive for moderate periods of time.
The position of Finance & Communications Manager is a part-time (15-20 hours/week), hourly contract position, with the hope it will grow into a full-time role.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to: Denise Hamet, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDCA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran’s status.
Posted April 25, 2017.